Basic Behavioral Standards and General Policy
Last updated 12-23-2020
- All guild members are expected to be respectful, polite and professional when dealing with other members of the guild and the server community at large. Never do anything that would put the guild’s name in disrepute. Rank should also never factor into how you treat someone.
- Certain topics should never be brought up on the guild discord or in general chat in game which include but are not limited to Sexual Content, Political Talk of any kind, Racism and Religion. They subjects have a nasty habit of bringing out the worst in people and can cause strife within the guild and make people feel unwanted or uncomfortable. The idea of the Brigade of Honor is to ensure that all members from different walks of life and backgrounds feel welcome here.
- Officers are appointed based upon experience, ability, and trustworthiness over time. While officers and non commissioned officers have authority over other guild members, they are not “superior” to other members and should not be considered as such. The officers are subject to the same rules as other members. Any officer caught abusing members or their authority will be disciplined severely which can include but is not limited to demotion , suspension or possibly even removal from the guild.
- Officers and Non Commissioned officers have the right and authority to issue instructions, directives and “orders” to lower ranking members of the guild. Failure to obey instructions can and may result in demotion , suspension and or removal of membership from the guild. A order that is illegal, unethical or outside the authority of the person giving it does not need to be obeyed.
Last updated 12-23-2020
- All members need to be reasonably active both in game and on the discord in addition to signing the guild monthly roll call once per month in the designated channel, in order to qualify as active for that month. The member will need to sign again once the roll call resets for the next month.
- PVE events and PVP Raids have sent times that usually can’t be delayed or postponed so if you can’t attend a event make sure you inform your immediate commanding officer so someone is aware of your absence. If they are not available keep going one rank up the chain of command until you contact someone who is available.
- Generally speaking the higher in rank you become in the guild the more of your free time will be asked of you. As always real life comes first and you should not endanger your marriage , course work or family obligations. So ensure you have adequate time before you accept a promotion or take on more responsibility in this organization.