Basic Behavioral Standards and General Guild Policy for all Members
Last updated 10-27-2023
1. All guild members are expected to be respectful, polite, and professional when dealing with other guild members and the server community. Never do anything that would put the guild’s name in disrepute. Rank should also never factor into how you treat someone.
2. Specific topics should never be brought up on the guild discord or in general chat in game, which include but are not limited to Sexual Content, Political Talk of any kind, Jokes insulting other members, Racism, and Religion. These subjects have a nasty habit of bringing out the worst in people and can cause strife within the guild and make people feel unwanted or uncomfortable. The idea of the Brigade of Honor is to ensure that all members from different walks of life and backgrounds feel welcome here. No one is better than anyone else, and we thrive off this notion.
3. Officers are appointed based on experience, ability, and trustworthiness over time. While officers and non-commissioned officers have authority over other guild members, they are not “superior” to other members and should not be considered as such. The officers are subject to the same rules as other members. 4. Any officer caught abusing members or their authority will be disciplined severely, which can include but is not limited to demotion, suspension, or possibly even removal from the guild.
4. Officers and Non Commissioned officers have the right and authority to issue instructions, directives and “orders” to lower ranking members of the guild. Failure to obey instructions can and may result in demotion , suspension and or removal of membership from the guild. A order that is illegal, unethical or outside the authority of the person giving it does not need to be obeyed.
5. The Discussion of mods and or addons or anything not formally approved by Square Enix is not allowed on the Discord or Facebook channel. This is not done to be mean but to protect all members and prevent any misunderstanding, as some people equate mods or addons with cheating, and we have a reputation to protect.
6. All members should make an honest effort to use the guild discord every time they are logged into ffxiv, but the discord is now the MANDATORY any time you are attending a guild event. I pay over 100 dollars a month on the discord every month to give us all the perks. Please use it.
7. The Brigade of Honor Guild offers access to many different servers for popular games, the primary purpose of which is not to replace the guild’s main MMORPG game but rather to prevent burnout from playing only one game. One should never underestimate the power of gaming genre diversity when playing games. That being said, members are REQUIRED to ensure that playing on the servers we provide does NOT interfere with their primary MMORPG duties, as failure to adhere to the rule may result in a member's loss of benefits and perks. The Brigade of Honor Management has, at its sole discretion, the right to determine what constitutes interference with one's duties.
Last updated 10-27-2023
1. All members need to be reasonably active both in game and on the discord and sign the guild monthly roll call once per month in the designated channel to qualify as active for that month. The member must sign again once the roll call resets for the next month.
2. PVE events and PVP Raids have set times that usually can’t be delayed or postponed, so if you can’t attend an event, inform your immediate commanding officer so someone is aware of your absence. If they are unavailable, keep contacting the officers in your chain of command until you get someone available.
3. Generally speaking, the higher your rank in the guild, the more of your free time will be asked of you. As always, real life comes first, and you should not endanger your marriage, coursework, or family obligations. So, ensure you have adequate time before you accept a promotion or take on more responsibility in this organization.
4. If a member is receiving paid time cards and CD keys, that member should do everything in their power to stay active and not abuse the trust placed in them by receiving such perks.